To be a leader in Safety and Compliance.
We are value-driven, everyday on every road.
To teach the skills businesses need Safety & Compliance.
Over 40 years experience in the trucking industry.
Martin Cowie CDS, the owner of Trans-Corp Safety Consultants, has over 40 years with an A-Z Licence with no collisions or infractions. His experience with Safety and Compliance goes back 18 years
40+ Years of Experience
- CDS Certified Director of Safety (NATMI)
- Risk Management (NATMI)
- Consultant for the Transportation Industry
- Instructor at a Private Career College (Safety & Compliance).
- Manager position in Truck Driver Training School
- Assist with MTO – DOT Physical Audits
- Assist with MTO Show Cause Hearings.
- Boom Truck Instructor (Certified OSG)
- Professional Drivers Improvement Course PDIC-(Certified Instructor)
- Forklift Truck Instructor (Train-the-Trainer Certified Instructor, Liftow)
- Fall Arrest (Certified Instructor, OSG)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods-(Certified Instructor, IHSA)
- Personality Dimensions (Certified Instructor)
- FleetSmart SmartDriver( Master Trainer Certified by Natural Resources of Canada)
- Ontario Occupational Health & Safety (WSIB Certified, Certified Part I)
- Canada Labor Code Part II (IHSA Certified 2004 & 2015)
- Down hill braking (Instructor)
- Cargo Securement – (Instructor)
- Proficient in Canadian Hours of Service (555/06)
- Proficient in Trip Inspections (199/07)
- Federal Health & Safety Training for Supervisors and Managers. (IHSA Certified)
- POET Course (IHSA)
- CPR/First Aid/AED (St. John’s Ambulance)
- Joint Health & Safety Committee (Created & Co-Chairperson).
- WSIB (FAF, Forms, WSIA, RTW).
- FMCSR’s 395 (Hours of Service) Proficient.
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Supervisor
- Motor Fleet Basics (NATMI)
Tried and True
- Re-wrote a 17-week curriculum for a Private Career College to be compliant with 2007 changes.
- Delivered numerous effective safety seminars to various audiences.
- Created a JH&S Committee for a company of 100 employees.
- Wrote numerous policies and procedures. (Fleet Safety Policy, Forklift, Lock/out Tag/out, Cell Phone, Right to Proceed…etc).
- Appeared on Rogers Cable TV Series “Truck Stop”. “Rules of the Road”.
- Create and deliver Power Point Presentations to numerous audiences, HOS, PTI, Cargo Securement, and Defensive Driving.
- Represent companies within MTO-DOT Facility Audit including Sanction Hearings
- Expert Witness Testimony in Toronto, ON
- Written numerous articles for Truck News Magazine.
- Attended Court for Company’s and Drivers alike.
Trans-Corp train drivers and company the knowledge they need to stay compliant, safe and educated
Trans-Corp Safety Consultants have over forty years experience on and off the road in the trucking industry. We care about all drivers on the road.
“Martin and I worked together as instructors at CATI where Martin easily engaged his students in the industry of Transportation. Martin showed passion and real interest in delivering top level accurate information that his student could absorb and use in their future careers. Martin was a team player and helped his fellow staff members. Thanks Martin for the support and the positive energy.”Jacqueline Van EschCore Trainer at Arvato Bertelsmann North America
“Martin has a very detailed memory for the regulations and all things connected with safety & compliance. He is very adept at all things related to this and is certainly a source of knowledge in his field. He comes highly recommended by all who have used his services and I would like to continue that recommendation.”Brian LeMoine C.S.S.Fleet Coordinator Safety/Training at Corporation of Haldimand County